Pages

Friday 28 November 2014

Going home

As I write this if I am honest I am just trying to fill the half an hour I have before I eat lunch and go to my final lecture before I go home for the weekend! I'm filling time, because I am so excited to be going home, that it is actually a little ridiculous.

It seems a little strange when I think about how excited I am, as to some my excitement to return home may make it seem that I don't enjoy living here. This couldn't be more wrong. I love living at uni, in halls with people I now consider my friends. However, there are little things I miss about home that make me the excited mess I am today! 

Obviously, there is the fact that I haven't seen my family in a little while, though they do visit me here and not too long ago we went on that little trip to Cornwall, it is great to catch up properly and not just through a computer screen on Skype. But, whilst I am excited to see them, it has to be more than that. For one, I know I am excited about the food. As much as I am eating as well as I can here, there are just some things that I cannot cook for one person- especially in my university shared kitchen. Tonight, I know I am going to be greeted with my mum's home cooked BBQ ribs, mmm. Like I say whilst I am not lacking great food at uni, much of it is the same, pastas, rice dishes etc. and I cannot wait to eat something a bit different! The thought of my mum's home cooked BBQ ribs fills me with utter joy.

One thing I did not consider that I would miss is driving. But, I cannot wait to get in my little red car and go for a drive simply anywhere. I never thought I actually enjoyed driving as much as I clearly do and only learnt to drive as a practicality. Turns out, it is something I clearly enjoy a lot and I will be making the most of my car this weekend!

As well as these bigger things, the idea of a dishwasher, the cosy fire, a TV and the sofa fill my heart with joy (I realise this post makes me sound ridiculously sad) and I cannot wait to walk into my house in a few hours. How silly. I guess as you get older you appreciate the smaller things in life and as much as I do enjoy my nights out, this weekend is going to be full of relaxing fun with my beautiful family and friends. How lovely. 
Have a great weekend!
Katie .xx

No comments:

Post a Comment