Pages

Wednesday 18 March 2015

#UseYourAnd


I recently saw Tanya Burr discussing this Venus campaign in one of her video's seen here and thought it sounded like a great idea. After further research I found the campaign video explaining the actual purpose.

The basic idea is that we are all made up of more than one factor. None of us can be defined by one thing. Yet, we often find ourselves saying we are. For example, when I am asked about myself, the first thing I will say is that I am a student. But, in reality I am much more than that. The campaign video focuses on the idea that you are a child again; the idea that you can be whatever you want to be. 

Though the Venus campaign focuses on women (due to the nature of their business), I think its important for everyone to consider. No one is one thing and everyone needs to consider what they can achieve, without the labels or other people's perceptions to get in the way.

 So, consider yourself. I have spent time doing this today and yes I am a student. But I am also more than that. I am a good friend, sister, daughter and girlfriend. I like going shopping with my Mum AND I like going to the football with my Dad. I like going out every now and again AND I like to have a quiet night in. I like to study AND I like to have fun. I like to be away from home AND I like to be at home. I like to be myself. 

Take time to consider your 'AND' and maybe even join the #UseYourAnd. But remember your 'and' is always growing- you should never be defined by one thing because you are made up of many things. 

Katie .xx

No comments:

Post a Comment