Pages

Sunday 13 September 2015

Book Review: Gone Girl

Source: google.co.uk/images (www.kimscravings.com)
Ok, so I'm guessing I'm a little late to the 'Gone Girl' party but truth be known I have seriously struggled to get back into reading since I finished my English A Level last year. Who knew being told exactly what to read and when would actually make me fall out of love with reading (something that I actually really enjoyed when I was younger). Having just been away on a beautifully relaxing, two week holiday, I had the perfect opportunity to get back on the reading bandwagon and this book did not disappoint.

Whilst, I will admit it did take me a good 4/5 chapters to get into it, once I did, I could not put it down. The story is based on married couple, Nick and Amy, who are just about to celebrate their 5th wedding Anniversary, when Amy goes missing. All eyes point at Nick as the husband and the story goes on to discover if it was really him.

The novel is written in such a clever way that it really did take me a while to realise what was going on and who was responsible, which is what kept me hooked for so long. I would say that the ending was a little disappointing in that it almost just fizzled out, which seemed a shame for such a dramatic storyline.

I would however, still give the book 4 out of 5 stars and would be really interested in reading other books written by Gillian Flynn, her style of writing really captured my interest and was pretty unique from anything else I have previously read. I also, cannot wait to now watch the film to discover their understanding of it.

I would definitely recommend this book if you love a good mystery/crime novels, I kept relating it to CSI type programs when telling others about it, which I love!

Have you read Gone Girl? Or can you recommend anything similar?
Katie .xx

No comments:

Post a Comment